Functional Role of a Bank Manager is to manage the branch of a bank. Duties of Bank Manager include Branch Operation, Branch business development, mentor-ship of the staff, HNI customer relation etc.
Do you want to know in detail what a Bank Manager does? What you should look for in a Bank Manager Resume? What are the points you should include in your Bank Manager CV? Please read below.
Responsibilities of Bank Manager:
- Direct all operational aspects including distribution operations, customer service, human resources, administration and sales
- Assess local market conditions and identify current and prospective sales opportunities
- Develop forecasts, financial objectives and business plans
- Meet goals and metrics
- Manage budget and allocate funds appropriately
- Bring out the best of branch’s personnel by providing training, coaching, development and motivation
- Locate areas of improvement and propose corrective actions that meet challenges and leverage growth opportunities
- Share knowledge with other branches and headquarters on effective practices, competitive intelligence, business opportunities and needs
- Address customer and employee satisfaction issues promptly
- Adhere to high ethical standards, and comply with all regulations/applicable laws
- Network to improve the presence and reputation of the branch and company
- Stay abreast of competing markets and provide reports on market movement and penetration
- Resolved staff member conflicts, actively listening to concerns and finding
- appropriate middle ground.
- Effectively supervise and manage staff of the branch.
- Mentor and guide employees ensuring all have product knowledge and capable of performing assigned duties.
- Accountable for day-to-day operations in Branch along with business development.
- Delegating tasks to employees appropriately while encouraging growth and career developments.
- Deliver an exceptional customer experience through strong communication and reliable follow through
- Managing Credit and responsible for maintenance of Retail Credit files.
How to become a Bank Manager:
Educational Qualification requirement for a Bank Manager is Graduate or Bachelor degree from any of college/university Commerce or Science or engineering. To be a Bank manager you need to clear the Bank exams like IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, IBPS RRB, SBI PO, RBI Grade etc.
Technical Skills Required for Bank Manager:
- Strategic Planning & Leadership
- MIS Management
- Analytical Forecasting acumen
- Mathematical expertise
- Handle large quantitative data
Software skills Required for Bank Manager:
MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Power Point
Soft skills Required for Bank Manager:
- Excellent Verbal communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong communicative and interpersonal skills essential for managing people.
- Self-motivated, hardworking. Always keen on constant improvement.
- Goal Oriented mind set.
What is the Job Opportunity of Bank Manager in the industry?
Bank Managers are required and hired in Banks, NBFC (Non-Banking Financial Company) Companies, Insurance companies, Venture Capital companies, Financial Services companies, Mutual fund Companies etc. So, there is always a huge demand of Bank Managers.
Salary of Fund Manager (in India):
Average Salary of Bank Manager in India starts from 6 Lacs Rupees to 20 Lakhs Rupees per annum. depending upon the Experience, Expertise, Industry, Business volume etc.
Yes, he/she needs to be a Graduate and need to clear the Bank exams like IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, IBPS RRB, SBI PO, RBI Grade etc. or Bank’s internal exams to get promotion to bank manager.
There are very low demands Bank Managers abroad.