Role of an Electrical Site Engineer is to play the anchoring role to execute a electrical project according to the SOP of the contract. Duties of a Electrical Site Engineer include site management, Quality and Cost control, Time Management, Maintain Quality, Environmental Health & Safety standards, All types of Fabrication, Erection, Commissioning, Finishes, Testing, Coordination and Documentation with Consultants, Clients, and Contractors.
Do you want to know in detail what an Electrical Site Engineer does? What you should look for in an Electrical Site Engineer Resume? What are the points you should include in your Electrical Site Engineer CV? Please read below.
Responsibilities of an Electrical Site Engineer:
• Planning & Monitoring of the project at site for proper execution.
• Liaison with client for proper coordination.
• Monitoring manpower at site to get perfect idea about productivity to plan procurement schedule.
• Interaction with sub-contractors and getting the work done fast.
• Subcontractor & Company billing.
• Cross verification of bills submitted by sub-contractors before sending for payments.
• Maintaining the quality of work.
• Co-ordination with Supply Chain management & Billing.
• Supervision to the contractor work for erection with safety & quality material management, public dealing and arrangement of shut-down for charging of villages in our system.
• Project inspection and record keeping.
• Planning, initiating, executing and monitoring projects along time with proper way. Also monitoring work for entire team ensure proper delivery of work.
• Monitoring project status during the course of periodic project review meetings.
• Generating various reports on basis of daily site inspection.
• Handling manpower, materials and other resources on site.
• Material inspection and testing.
• Implementing various techniques for cycle time reduction, entailing identification of opportunities, energy audits, analysis of data, conduction of tests and implementation & post audits.
• Identifying the contract requirements and preparing contract agreement for purchasing the resources required for process enhancement of the plant.
• Reviewing the operational practices and process changes for qualitative improvement and registering energy conservation.
• Leading, mentoring & monitoring the performance of the team members to ensure efficiency in process operations and meeting of individual & group targets.
• Ensure the project Specification and Standard codes for Installation are correctly executed during electrical erection and Fabrication.
• Manpower and equipment mobilization and demobilization.
• Providing technical support and co-ordination with planning and other departments.
• Co-ordination with sub-contractor for cost effective and timely completion of the project.
• Co – ordination with contractors& consultant, preparing DPR and Protocols for fabrication, Erection & Commissioning
• Establishing manpower and equipment for cost effective and timely completion of the project.
• Co-ordination with client, top management and execution personnel.
• Expediting of structural & piping fabrication work with vendor.
• Co-ordination with consultant & contractor for change in the same.
How to become a Electrical Site Engineer:
Educational Qualification requirement to become an Electrical Site Engineer is Diploma in Electrical Engineering (DEE) or Graduate in Mechanical Engineering (BE/BTech) from an accredited Institute/College approved by AICTE in India.
Technical Skills required for Electrical Site Engineer:
• Fabrication and Erection works and execution
• Contract Management
• Coordination and Documentation with Consultants, Clients, and Contractors
• Time Management
Software skills Required for Electrical Site Engineer:
MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Power Point
What is the Job Opportunity of Electrical Site Engineer in the Industry?
Electrical Site Engineer are required and hired in Power industry like Power Transmission, Power Distribution, Rural Electrification, Oil and Gas, Steel, Aluminum, Copper industries etc. Electrical Site Engineer are hired in Greenfield, Brownfield power projects for large factory set up, expansion or revamp projects. Electrical Site Engineer have very high demand in Power EPC companies. Electrical Planning Site have huge contribution in Infrastructural Projects like hydropower, thermal power industries.
Salary of Electrical Site Engineer (in India)
|Average Salary per annum
|0 – 5 Years
|5 – 10 years
|10 – 15 years
|15 and above
|Up to 3 Lacs
|3 to 5 Lacs
|5 to 8 Lacs
|8 Lacs to 20 Lacs
|Up to 4 Lacs
|4 to 8 Lacs
|8 to 15 Lacs
|15 to 25 Lacs
Salary may vary depending upon the experience and expertise.
Yes, he needs to work in an Electrical project at the site and be a diploma or graduate engineer.
There are high demands of Indian Electrical Site Engineers abroad especially in Middle east countries (Gulf), South Africa, Canada, Australia.
Yes, he can if the person imbibes project management skills while working on any project closely with superior Project manager.
No. The ITI holder should get Diploma certificate at least.