Role and Responsibilities of a Civil Site Engineer or Site In charge is to execute a civil project according to the SOP of the contract. Duties of Civil Site Engineer include site management, Quality and Cost control, Time Management, Maintain Quality, Environmental Health & Safety standards, All types of Civil Construction, Finishes, and Interior Decoration, Sanitary & Plumbing, Electrical, Fire Fighting Works, Coordination and Documentation with Consultants, Clients, and Contractors. Do you want to know in details? Please go through below….
Do you want to know in detail what a Civil Site Engineer does? What you should look for in a Civil Site Engineer Resume? What are the points you should include in your Civil Site Engineer CV? Please read below.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Civil Site Engineer:
- Responsible for day-to-day site activities which include planning, scheduling, organizing, monitoring all construction related activities.
- Detailed study of all drawings and specifications on all construction matters and resolve related issue are important Responsibilities of a Civil Site Engineer.
- Civil Site Engineer supervises of all kinds of civil execution & related activities (Pile foundation, well foundation.)
- Responsible to ensure that specification, drawings, procedures, work practices, risk assessments, method statements, quality plans are available and are optimally utilized.
- Responsible for Management of project resource allocation and provide direction and support to the concerned team.
- Another role is to Identify the proper vendors, negotiations with them & process and verifying their bills.
- Liaise with supervisors, management, planning team, EHS team, quality and commercial team for proper execution of the project within time frame.
- Responsible for day-to-day work progress and communicate with contractors, vendors & higher management.
- Expedite contractor construction schedules, completion of documentation, follow-up on bills, payments.
- Civil Site Engineer reconciles the site materials and keep records the inventory.
- Responsible for estimating costs and preparing detailed project execution plans.
- Responsible to organize continuous water and power supply at site in time.
- Organize safety and security measures at site through EHS team.
- Responsible to execute projects to schedule within budgets Monitor the following on a daily/bi-weekly basis:
- Supervise Daily activity schedule vis-à-vis daily progress
- Estimation of day-to-day material requirements and inventory levels
- Civil Site Engineer highlights project slippages, analyse reasons for slippages and formulate options to control slippages.
- Supervise adherence to systems/procedures and ensure excellence in quality standards at sites
- Civil Site Engineer validates RA bills and final bills from contractors and liaise with architects for certification.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and safety requirements at site and local labour laws
- Estimate funds requirement for the site, along with site accountant
- Developmental of standards, procedures, work instructions & checklist.
- Assist in developing EHS and quality standards.
- Compile learning from project and share within the organization.
- Preparation of BOQ as per drawings.
- Assist in conducting various type of Civil Quality Control related tests.
- Preparation of Bill for Client & pay for Contractor & Sub Contractor
How to become a Civil Site Engineer:
Educational Qualification requirement to become a Civil Site Engineer is Diploma in Civil Engineering (DME) or Graduate in Civil Engineering (BE/BTech) from an accredited Institute/College approved by AICTE in India.
Technical Skills required for Civil Site Engineer:
- Civil Construction and execution
- Contract Management
- Finish work and Interior Decoration
- Coordination and Documentation with Consultants, Clients, and Contractors
- Time Management
Software skills Required for Civil Site Engineer:
MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Power Point
Quality test software
What is the scope of Job for a Civil Site Engineer in the Industry?
Civil Site Engineers are required in every Heavy Engineering industry like Oil and Gas, Refineries, Petroleum, Piping, Tankage, Steel, Aluminum, construction industry, real estate etc. Civil Site Engineers are hired in Greenfield, Brownfield projects for large factory set up, expansion or revamp projects. Civil Site Engineers have very high demand in EPC companies. They have huge contribution in Infrastructural Projects like hydropower, thermal power industries, Real Estate industries.
Salary and Designation of Civil Site Engineer (in India):
|Average Salary per annum
|0 – 5 Years
|5 – 10 years
Senior Engineer or Asst Manager
|10 – 15 years Manager
|15 and above
Sr. Manager & above
|Up to 3 Lacs
|3 to 5 Lacs
|5 to 8 Lacs
|8 Lacs to 20 Lacs
|Up to 4 Lacs
|4 to 8 Lacs
|8 to 15 Lacs
|15 to 30 Lacs
Salary and Designation may vary depending upon the experience and expertise.
Yes, he needs to work in a civil project at the site and be a diploma or graduate engineer.
There are high demands of Indian Civil Site Engineers abroad especially in Middle east countries, Canada, Australia.
Yes, he can if the person imbibes project management skills while working on any project closely with superior Project manager.
No. The ITI holder should get Diploma certificate at least.