Functional Role of an Export Import Manager is to lead the export and import activities of a company. Duties of Export Import Manager include strategic export-import process, port operations, Vendor/Agency Development & Management for export-import, freight control, liaison with government bodies like customs etc
Do you want to know in detail what an Export Import Manager does? What you should look for in an Export Import Manager Resume? What are the points you should include in your Export Import Manager CV? Please read below.
Responsibilities of Export Import Manager:
- Shipment tracking, co-ordination with CHA and Customs for preparing Import documents for clearing goods.
- Organize dispatch of cargo from Port to destination & planning shipment schedule.
- Plans, controls, Coordinates, evaluate and integrate and organize Logistics and warehousing.
- Import documents archiving.
- Co-ordinate with Marine Insurance Companies for settlement of claims.
- Relationship building with various reliable brokers/agents related to above products
- Resolving Customer / client issues effectively.
- Responsible for directing and developing logistics management operation.
- Responsible for planning and scheduling appropriate models of transportation based of daily needs.
- Responsible to coordinated with insurance surveyor for claim and settlement in the case of damage during transit.
- Liaison with various surveyors adhering to strict quality control measures.
- Co-ordination with transporter & Shipper for timely clearing & Distribution.
- Air & sea importing all bills checking the pass out concern depts. Import documents checking then hand over to CHA.
- Port visit, co-ordination with CHA for quickly clearance.
- Return goods receipts, checking then receipts in journal.
- Prepare purchase order, as per requirements basis.
- Liaison with Govt. departments & overseas supplier for documentation, and smooth operation.
How to become an Export Import Manager:
Educational Qualification requirement to become an Export Import Manager is Graduate or Bachelor degree from any of college/university in Commerce or Engineering. Diploma or post graduate diploma in Foreign Trade Management is there for Export Import Manager. There are some Certificate Courses on Export-Import, Freight Forwarding and Risk Management which an aspirant can do.
Software skills Required for Export Import Manager:
ERP/SAP (MM module)
MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Power Point
Soft skills Required for Export Import Manager:
- Strong negotiating skills essential for fixing correct price and other terms of contract.
- Excellent Verbal communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong communicative and interpersonal skills essential for managing people.
- Self-motivated, hardworking. Always keen on constant improvement.
- Goal Oriented mind set.
What is the Job Opportunity of Export Import Manager in the industry?
Export Import Manager are required and hired in those manufacturing company who are export their products, import raw materials. There are lot of freight forwarding companies, export import agencies where Export Import Manager are hired. So, there is always a huge demand of Export Import Manager.
Salary of Export Import Manage (in India):
Salary of Material Manager in India ranges from 3 Lacs Rupees to 25 Lacs of Rupees per annum depending upon the Experience, Expertise, Industry, Business volume, procurement ticket size etc.
Yes, he needs to work in export import management department of a manufacturing company.
There are very low demands of Export Import Manager abroad especially in Middle east countries (Gulf), South Africa, Canada but the incumbent must know the respective company acts and rules of that country.