Functional Role of a Financial Analyst is to analyze the financial data of a company. Duties of Financial Analyst include Balance sheets analysis, Income statements analysis, Cash Flow analysis, budget to actual value analysis, large data management, Track progress against KPIs (key performance indicators) etc.
Do you want to know in detail what a Financial Analyst does? What you should look for in a Financial Analyst Resume? What are the points you should include in your Financial Analyst CV? Please read below.
Responsibilities of Financial Analyst:
- Preparation of financial accounts under the Indian Accounting Standards
- Reconcile the Balance sheets, Income statements, Income receivables & payables, Investment and Transaction reports, future trade settlements report on a monthly basis.
- Reconciliation of position and cash on monthly basis between Custody and Accounting and resolve the exceptions if any.
- Working on funds which includes derivative products like future, options, swaps etc.
- Calculations of Accrual and Deferral
- Manage marketing expenses including PR/PO tracking, accruals, and budget to actual value analysis
- Track progress against KPIs (key performance indicators) and clearly communicate actionable findings with the stakeholders
- Casing payments to clients if any delay
- Proven capability in analyzing information and generating reports, making clear recommendations from the available data or identifying areas of further review/investigations
- Involvement in Group Finance budgets re-forecast operations / financials / cash flow reporting and management
- Participation in financial projects and their successful role out and implementation
- Ability to work across operating functions assisting in research projects and activities
- Strong capability in the presentation of information and assisting in preparing Board, financing and internal management reports and presentations.
- Responsible for large data management; assemble, clean and analyze data from various sources, connecting data points and provide analysis to generate actionable insights
- Recommend revisions to existing reports and assist in the development of new reporting tools as needed
- Preparing MIS Reports
- Supporting for Quarterly Financial pack’s reports
- Complete / assist in miscellaneous reporting and reconciliations
- Day to day interactions with other departments, counter parties (like Trade capture team, Cash & Income team, Settlements team, Futures & Options team) to prevent/resolve issues.
- Make sure all the securities are valued for month ends and reconcile those market values with investment manager.
- Presenting monthly financial statement to client on time as per client deadline.
- Handling adhoc request from client and responsible to make the request on or before time.
- Report to high level management, timely escalation and provide high quality report.
- Analyze reports and provide accurate and reconciled final report to client within time.
How to become a Financial Analyst:
Educational Qualification requirement for a Financial Analyst is Graduate or Bachelor degree from any of college/university in Commerce, Economics, Science or engineering. Chartered Accountant (CA) or MBA in Finance or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) is must for a Finance Analyst.
Technical Skills Required for Financial Analyst:
- Strategic Planning & Leadership
- MIS Management
- Data Focus
- Analyzing & Forecasting acumen
- Mathematical expertise
- Handle large quantitative data
Software skills Required for Financial Analyst:
ERP/SAP (FICO module)
MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Power Point
Soft skills Required for Financial Analyst:
- Strong negotiating skills essential for fixing correct price and other terms of contract.
- Excellent Verbal communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong communicative and interpersonal skills essential for managing people.
- Self-motivated, hardworking. Always keen on constant improvement.
- Analytical mind set.
What is the Job Opportunity of Financial Analyst in the industry?
Financial Analysts are required and hired in Banks, NBFC (Non-Banking Financial Company) Companies, Insurance companies, Venture Capital companies, Financial Services companies, Mutual fund Companies etc. So, there is always a huge demand of Finance Analysts.
Salary of Financial Analyst (in India):
Salary of Finance Analyst in India ranges from 5 Lacs Rupees to 20 Lacs of Rupees per annum depending upon the Experience, Expertise, Industry, Business volume, procurement ticket size etc.
Yes, he/she needs to be a Chartered Accountant (CA) or MBA in Finance and work in the finance department of a financial company.
There are moderate demands Financial Analyst abroad especially in Middle east countries (Gulf), South Africa, Canada,USA, Europe etc.