Functional Role of a Logistics Manager is to lead the Logistics Management, Materials Management of a company. Duties of Logistics Manager include strategic logistics process, warehouse/store operations, Vendor Development & Management, inventory control, fleet control, cost optimization etc.
Do you want to know in detail what a Logistics Manager does? What you should look for in a Logistics Manager Resume? What are the points you should include in your Logistics Manager CV? Please read below.
Responsibilities of Logistics Manager:
- Astute in identifying operational requirements, creating action / implementation plans, and effectively coordinating with cross – functional teams to achieve objectives.
- Skilled in materials management and inventory reconciliation
- Developing route plans, vehicle selection, scheduling drivers & resources so as to ensure operational efficiencies through seamless movement of vehicles to various destinations.
- Preparing weekly productivity reports thereby facilitating in decision-making.
- Develop logistics process and implement supply chain strategy for entire business expansions.
- Handle the tasks of managing a team of inbound and outbound logistic professionals.
- Accurately calculating total supply chain costs in relation to proposed new projects.
- Providing accurate routing the information to ensure that Inbound & outbound delivery times and locations are coordinated.
- Supervise of all Regular work regarding dispatch.
- Responsible for entire inventory with Physical stocks management.
- Conduct Internal Stock Audit.
- Order processing and invoicing as per Indents/Allocations, to complete the paper work and follow-up with the transporter.
- Recruit, lead and train all logistics staff in logistics and inventory management / processes.
- Analyze the logistical issues and provides solutions for the same.
- Ensuring the personal safety and safe working environment of staff.
- Cost Analysis and optimization of Logistics Operation, Route Planning and monitoring the Route Vehicles. Vendor Bill Processing and Payment Realization.
- To identify key and critical items.
- Maintain cost effective inventory with least leas time.
- Responsible for all Warehouse operations like materials receipts, storage, issues, dispatches and inventory control, etc.
- Managing warehouse operations ensuring optimum inventory levels to achieve maximum cost savings without hampering the production process.
- Responsible for allocation/ transfer of stocks, conducting routine inspection to ensure reconciliation of physical stock at the warehouse.
- Analyzing the stock movement to stores and warehouse and preparing dispatch schedule.
- Coordinating with internal departments for operational matters pertaining to Waybill, supplier payment, filling of report relates to stock etc.
- Identifying & developing a base of reliable transporters, selecting best mode of transport.
- Supervising the fleet of vehicles, ensuring on time delivery & monitoring transit norms.
- Fixing the annual contract with transporters for outbound material.
- Arrangement and check Road Permits for smooth goods movement. Responsible for answering customers queries and solving problems.
- Relationship Management with key accounts for increasing the level of sales growth
- Ensuring customer satisfaction & implementing quality service standards.
- Act as a front line interface between the customers, distribution agents & service teams to troubleshoot on unresolved grievances & queries of individual and corporate clients.
How to become a Logistics Manager:
Educational Qualification requirement for a Logistics Manager is Graduate or Bachelor degree from any of college/university in any stream or discipline. Diploma or post graduate diploma in Material Management (MM) or Supply Chain Management (SCM) is must for Logistics Manager. MBA in Supply Chain Management is an added advantage. The person needs to work in supply chain or material management department for at least 5 to 10 years to become a Logistics Manager.
Technical Skills Required for Logistics Manager:
- Strategic Planning & Leadership
- MIS Management
- Cost Focus
- Budgeting & Forecasting acumen
- Audit & Compliance expertise
- Procurement Management
- Logistics expertise
- Good at Liaison and Relationship management
Software skills Required for Logistics Manager:
ERP/SAP (MM module)
MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Power Point
Soft skills Required for Logistics Manager:
- Strong negotiating skills essential for fixing correct price and other terms of contract.
- Excellent Verbal communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong communicative and interpersonal skills essential for managing people.
- Self-motivated, hardworking. Always keen on constant improvement.
- Goal Oriented mind set.
What is the Job Opportunity of Logistics Manage in the industry?
Logistics Managers are required and hired in manufacturing companies, Logistics Companies, Warehousing companies, export import companies, online shopping companies like amazon, flipkart, Myntra etc. So, there is always a huge demand of Logistics Managers.
Salary of Logistics Manage (in India):
Salary of Logistics Manager in India ranges from 6 Lacs Rupees to 30 Lacs of Rupees per annum depending upon the Experience, Expertise, Industry, Business volume, procurement ticket size etc.
Yes, he needs to work in supply chain or material store management department of a company.
There are moderate demands of Logistics Manager abroad especially in Middle east countries (Gulf), South Africa, Canada etc.